Text Box Loses Value On Page Load

Guest

Hi Folks...this is a wierd issue I've noticed and wanted to know of a) anyone
else has noticed this and b) if so, why does it happen.

On page load, I have a text box named me.txtMemberName. I enter data into
this field then submit the page. If I check the value of
me.txtMemberName.text during the page load event, it is an empty string. Now,
if I check this again in a later event, the value of .text has the correct
inforamation in it. This is causing me grief b/c, since this is a required
field, Page.IsValid is failing on page load. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Clay

Nathan Sokalski

First of all, I am assuming you have EnableViewState=True for this Control,
as well as for the Page. Second, can you post your Page.Load procedure so we
can see exactly what you do there and how you do it? This may help me and
others help you solve your problem. Thanks.