    way it is? I thought that the fact that .asp is a MicroSoft product, there
    would be complete compatibility with "word.doc" text formatting --perhaps I'm
    wrong about that. Thanks.

    on-line journal editor, Sep 3, 2008

  2. on-line journal editor

    Hans Kesting Guest

    on-line journal editor was thinking very hard :
    > I can't seem to cut-and-paste text, with either .doc or .html formatting,
    > into my .asp web-pages --all the formatting is lost. Is there some code that
    > needs to be added to the page that will tell.asp to leave the formatting the
    > way it is? I thought that the fact that .asp is a MicroSoft product, there
    > would be complete compatibility with "word.doc" text formatting --perhaps I'm
    > wrong about that. Thanks.

    Where are you pasting?
    * The "design" view of the page in Visual Studio? I get formatting
    there.
    * The "source" view? There you only get the plain text.
    * A textarea in a rendered page in the browser? This is plain HTML,
    nothing specific to Microsoft. You will get the plain text.

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Sep 3, 2008

  3. I'm pasting it into the "default.aspx" page.

    on-line journal editor, Sep 3, 2008
  4. I'm sorry --the default.asp is in the "source" mode, I believe --I'll have to
    try my cut-and-paste routine in "design" view. The problem is evident when I
    "debug" and get the webpage in the "published" web-based format (as it would
    appear on the web).

    on-line journal editor, Sep 3, 2008