text Formatting

on-line journal editor

I can't seem to cut-and-paste text, with either .doc or .html formatting,
into my .asp web-pages --all the formatting is lost. Is there some code that
needs to be added to the page that will tell.asp to leave the formatting the
way it is? I thought that the fact that .asp is a MicroSoft product, there
would be complete compatibility with "word.doc" text formatting --perhaps I'm
wrong about that. Thanks.

Hans Kesting

on-line journal editor was thinking very hard :
I can't seem to cut-and-paste text, with either .doc or .html formatting,
into my .asp web-pages --all the formatting is lost. Is there some code that
needs to be added to the page that will tell.asp to leave the formatting the
way it is? I thought that the fact that .asp is a MicroSoft product, there
would be complete compatibility with "word.doc" text formatting --perhaps I'm
wrong about that. Thanks.

Where are you pasting?
* The "design" view of the page in Visual Studio? I get formatting
there.
* The "source" view? There you only get the plain text.
* A textarea in a rendered page in the browser? This is plain HTML,
nothing specific to Microsoft. You will get the plain text.

Hans Kesting

on-line journal editor

I'm sorry --the default.asp is in the "source" mode, I believe --I'll have to
try my cut-and-paste routine in "design" view. The problem is evident when I
"debug" and get the webpage in the "published" web-based format (as it would
appear on the web).