    does not delete marks, but nothing about tags.

    Thanks!

    Bob

    Bob Greschke, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Bob Greschke wrote:
    > Does Text.delete(0.0, END) delete all of the tags too? Everything says it
    > does not delete marks, but nothing about tags.

    Note to everyone else: this is a TKinter question.

    Tags are attached to text ranges, in the Text widget. If you delete all
    of the text in the widget, all of the text ranges will go poof, so
    therefore all of the tag attachments will likewise go poof.

    This will not delete any tags that have been defined for the widget,
    though, although why you'd want to do that is an open question.

    Christopher Subich, Jun 28, 2005

  3. Bob Greschke

    Bob Greschke Guest

    "Christopher Subich" <> wrote in
    message news:La3we.24035$...
    > Bob Greschke wrote:
    >> Does Text.delete(0.0, END) delete all of the tags too? Everything says
    >> it does not delete marks, but nothing about tags.

    > Note to everyone else: this is a TKinter question.

    Oops. I meant to put that in the subject.

    > Tags are attached to text ranges, in the Text widget. If you delete all
    > of the text in the widget, all of the text ranges will go poof, so
    > therefore all of the tag attachments will likewise go poof.

    That's what I thought, and that was what it looked like was happening (but
    just because you can't find something doesn't mean it hasn't been taken to
    the garbage :)

    > This will not delete any tags that have been defined for the widget,
    > though, although why you'd want to do that is an open question.

    We have all kinds. :)

    Thanks, Christopher!

    Bob Greschke, Jun 28, 2005