Text Wrap

Scott

Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay within the
200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that make a html email
table stretch because of long length. I thought maybe there was a tag like
NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

Any ideas?

HTML:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td>

Evertjan.

Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

Any ideas?

HTML:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x</td>

Not with serverside ASP code.

Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

Scott

which group would that be?

Evertjan. said:
Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

Any ideas?

HTML:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x</td>

Not with serverside ASP code.

Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

dNagel

maybe...

or

just off the top of my head...

D.

which group would that be?

Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

Any ideas?

HTML:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x</td>
Not with serverside ASP code.

Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

dNagel

On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
question is, "Next".

Evertjan.

dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
question is, "Next".

"attempting to chastise"?

Not at all, it seems only logical to toppost out of the top of your head.

The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
netiquette.

Jevon

A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places already, but
realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems from terminal days
before the majority of users had graphical newsreaders. Times change.

Jevon

Evertjan.

Jevon wrote on 14 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places
already, but realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems
from terminal days before the majority of users had graphical
newsreaders. Times change.

One of the first things you see with topposters,
is that they leave irrelevant quotings at the bottom.
"I'm not going to get into an argument about this"

It seems to me you are starting and giving an argument here, Jevon,
but are afraid your argument "outdated" does not hold
with the strong arguments for sparse interposting.

Dave Anderson

suggest?
you
as
much
as
changed
not
times
have
Or

on?
now
from
top
bottom
from
sentences
our
reading
be
should
we
mean
that
Does

--
Dave Anderson

Evertjan.

<% End If %>
Dave!
you
thank
clear,
Christal
<% If (Netiquette <> outdated) AND (This = usenet) Then %>

Dave Anderson wrote on 14 feb 2006 in