Text Wrap

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Scott, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay within the
    200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that make a html email
    table stretch because of long length. I thought maybe there was a tag like
    NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.

    Any ideas?

    HTML:

    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200">
    <tr>
    <td width="200">test
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    Scott, Feb 12, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
    > within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
    > make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
    > maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > HTML:
    >
    > <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200">
    > <tr>
    > <td width="200">test
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > x</td>
    > </tr>
    > </table>
    >


    Not with serverside ASP code.

    Please ask a clientside group [CSS]

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Evertjan., Feb 12, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Scott

    Scott Guest

    which group would that be?


    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9768EAD543B8Feejj99@194.109.133.242...
    > Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >> Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
    >> within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
    >> make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
    >> maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> HTML:
    >>
    >> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200">
    >> <tr>
    >> <td width="200">test
    >> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >> x</td>
    >> </tr>
    >> </table>
    >>

    >
    > Not with serverside ASP code.
    >
    > Please ask a clientside group [CSS]
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.
    > (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Scott, Feb 13, 2006
    #3
  4. Scott

    dNagel Guest

    > which group would that be?
    >
    >>>Any ideas?

    >>Please ask a clientside group [CSS]


    How about : microsoft.public.scripting.jscript

    D.
    dNagel, Feb 13, 2006
    #4
  5. Scott

    dNagel Guest

    maybe...

    <td style="overflow:hidden" width="200">test

    or

    <td width="200"><div style="width:200; height:auto; overflow:visible;" >test ... </div> </td>

    just off the top of my head...

    D.



    Scott wrote:
    > which group would that be?
    >
    >
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    > news:Xns9768EAD543B8Feejj99@194.109.133.242...
    >
    >>Scott wrote on 12 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Is there a way to force the below testxxxxx text to wrap or stay
    >>>within the 200px width of it's cell? Sometimes I have long url's that
    >>>make a html email table stretch because of long length. I thought
    >>>maybe there was a tag like NOWRAP that may prevent this behavior.
    >>>
    >>>Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>HTML:
    >>>
    >>><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="200">
    >>> <tr>
    >>> <td width="200">test
    >>>xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    >>>x</td>
    >>> </tr>
    >>></table>
    >>>

    >>Not with serverside ASP code.
    >>
    >>Please ask a clientside group [CSS]
    >>
    >>--
    >>Evertjan.
    >>The Netherlands.
    >>(Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)

    >
    >
    >
    dNagel, Feb 13, 2006
    #5
  6. Scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > just off the top of my head...
    >


    Topposting, that is?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Evertjan., Feb 13, 2006
    #6
  7. Scott

    dNagel Guest

    On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
    Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
    your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
    understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
    who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
    question is, "Next".

    Evertjan. wrote:
    > dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    >
    >>just off the top of my head...
    >>

    >
    >
    > Topposting, that is?
    >
    dNagel, Feb 13, 2006
    #7
  8. Scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >
    > Evertjan. wrote:
    >> dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >>
    >>>just off the top of my head...
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >> Topposting, that is?


    > On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
    > Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
    > your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
    > understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
    > who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
    > question is, "Next".


    "attempting to chastise"?

    Not at all, it seems only logical to toppost out of the top of your head.

    The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
    netiquette.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Evertjan., Feb 13, 2006
    #8
  9. Scott

    Jevon Guest

    A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
    argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places already, but
    realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems from terminal days
    before the majority of users had graphical newsreaders. Times change.

    Jevon


    "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    news:Xns9769D2FB1B08Eeejj99@194.109.133.242...
    > dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >> Evertjan. wrote:
    >>> dNagel wrote on 13 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>just off the top of my head...
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Topposting, that is?

    >
    >> On occasion I've probably been seen picking my nose in public too.
    >> Seemingly, you are attempting to chastise me for not ascribing to
    >> your preference for the placement of my reply. Please try to
    >> understand that there are people in this world, to include myself,
    >> who are diferent than you. I believe the correct response to your
    >> question is, "Next".

    >
    > "attempting to chastise"?
    >
    > Not at all, it seems only logical to toppost out of the top of your head.
    >
    > The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
    > netiquette.
    >
    > --
    > Evertjan.
    > The Netherlands.
    > (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Jevon, Feb 14, 2006
    #9
  10. Scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    Jevon wrote on 14 feb 2006 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> The difference between us could be that you I try to comply with
    >> netiquette.


    > A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
    > argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places
    > already, but realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems
    > from terminal days before the majority of users had graphical
    > newsreaders. Times change.


    One of the first things you see with topposters,
    is that they leave irrelevant quotings at the bottom.

    > "I'm not going to get into an argument about this"


    It seems to me you are starting and giving an argument here, Jevon,
    but are afraid your argument "outdated" does not hold
    with the strong arguments for sparse interposting.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Evertjan., Feb 14, 2006
    #10
  11. suggest?
    you
    as
    much
    as
    changed
    not
    times
    have
    Or

    on?
    now
    from
    top
    to
    bottom
    from
    sentences
    our
    reading
    be
    should
    we
    mean
    that
    Does

    Jevon wrote:
    > A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
    > argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places
    > already, but realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems
    > from terminal days before the majority of users had graphical
    > newsreaders. Times change.



    --
    Dave Anderson

    Unsolicited commercial email will be read at a cost of $500 per message. Use
    of this email address implies consent to these terms. Please do not contact
    me directly or ask me to contact you directly for assistance. If your
    question is worth asking, it's worth posting.
    Dave Anderson, Feb 14, 2006
    #11
  12. Scott

    Evertjan. Guest

    <% End If %>
    Dave!
    you
    thank
    clear,
    Christal
    <% If (Netiquette <> outdated) AND (This = usenet) Then %>


    Dave Anderson wrote on 14 feb 2006 in
    microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > suggest?
    > you
    > as
    > much
    > as
    > changed
    > not
    > times
    > have
    > Or
    >
    > on?
    > now
    > from
    > top
    > to
    > bottom
    > from
    > sentences
    > our
    > reading
    > be
    > should
    > we
    > mean
    > that
    > Does
    >
    > Jevon wrote:
    >> A netiquette that is severely outdated. I'm not going to get into an
    >> argument about this, as it's been done to death in many places
    >> already, but realise that the "netiquette" you're talking about stems
    >> from terminal days before the majority of users had graphical
    >> newsreaders. Times change.

    >
    >




    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    (Please change the x'es to dots in my emailaddress)
    Evertjan., Feb 14, 2006
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sara T.

    WRAP text in <TD>

    Sara T., Jul 26, 2003, in forum: ASP .Net
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    634
    Sara T.
    Jul 26, 2003
  2. Dan
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    2,057
    Tommy
    Mar 2, 2004
  3. Aaron Fude

    To wrap or not to wrap?

    Aaron Fude, May 8, 2008, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    680
    Chronic Philharmonic
    May 10, 2008
  4. Art Werschulz

    Text::Wrap::wrap difference

    Art Werschulz, Sep 22, 2003, in forum: Perl Misc
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    214
    Art Werschulz
    Sep 22, 2003
  5. Art Werschulz

    Text::Wrap::wrap difference

    Art Werschulz, Sep 24, 2003, in forum: Perl Misc
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    229
    Anno Siegel
    Sep 25, 2003
Loading...

Share This Page