textarea to doc file

janet

HI..

I want that when the user writes a story (some content) in
the textarea...it sould get saved as a word file.

Actually the concept is that the student writes a story in
textarea and submits. But when teacher views that story he
should be able to open it as a doc file so as to make some
corrections like strikethrough, highlight etc.

So what I want is that the story should be saved as a doc
file in database...can it be possible?

or I am thinking to way behind the possibility?

thanks

Janet.

only me

You could allow the students to create their story in normal <textarea> as
plain text, save that as file or field in database, then use something like
this (http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/) on another
teacher only access page for the teacher to make his/her corrrections.

I should try to keep Word out of it, it will fill your file so full of HTML
you'll have a job to see the wood from the trees