Textbox with CanGrow CanShrink - Is it Possible

mosscliffe

I have data in a memo/text field which has linefeeds in it. When I use
a multiline textbox, it recognises the line feeds and displays
correctly. If I use a label it just sees it as one continuous data
stream.

Some of my fields have no data in them or only one or two lines, so is
it possible to to set a property like CanShrink CanGrow, which i think
was in Access or do I have to work out the lines and set the textbox
row count to that.

If it is the latter, then on what event in a Repeater would I code this
and how would I refer to my datafield to parse it. Bound to be some
combination of item and index and selected a 0 in brackets and maybe a
findcontrol in there as well

My simple code would be CurrRow.Element("FieldName").value and maybe a
CTYPE around it.

This is hard work !!!!