the best pratice to save lot of data

Tobias[br]

hi there people...

i´m developing an application where i need 190 input text, in 8
diferent forms..
anyone can tell me the best pratice to save the the data while edit
the others forms?
viewstate???
sessions?
or database in each "next" click???

Tobias Ramos
Belo Horizonte MG
Brasil

Lucas Tam

hi there people...

i´m developing an application where i need 190 input text, in 8
diferent forms..
anyone can tell me the best pratice to save the the data while edit
the others forms?
viewstate???
sessions?
or database in each "next" click???

I would probably use a database... so users can come back in the future to
finish off the survey.

You can tag each user with a Cookie to look up their saved results.

Joyjit Mukherjee

Hi,

Viewstate: - Not possible as you have user specific data for each instances
of the form.

Database: - very expensive operation as you have to save & retrieve for each
form you have filled in.

Session: - Appropriate for this scenario.

Regards
Joyjit

Rocky Moore

First, I would probably store the data in a HashTable to make it easy to
access and use the field ID names as the index field.

I would probably use session state to store this hash table if I did not
expect much heavy traffic. If traffic is a concern, then you can push it to
the database serializing the hashtable to a blob. You could even use a MS
Access database for that as long as you are in a "one" web server as opposed
to a server farm.

--
Rocky Moore
www.HintsAndTips.com / Now with GMail Queue - Share your tips - Earn rewards