The C language on Mars

Merrill & Michele

Mabden said:
Which is kind of surprising when you realize that "Space is big. Really
big."
With which curvature? Almost nothing in our solar system except in the
immediate vicinity of massive objects. Else perturbate. MPJ
Imagine how far off we'll be when we try to get to Betelgeuse...

Puh-lease. I saw Betelgeuse just fine before it got even too chilly for me.
The legacy of Hans Bethe is quite secure tonight, unlike the Russian
topologist's 'proof' of Poincare's conjecture. I'll grant him his proof if
there antecedently exists not the number three among the naturals. MPJ

Richard Bos

Merrill & Michele said:
I know you. Don't know him. Believe it or not, I'm going to walk through
life thinking that if I had to know things about this event, I would talk to
you, and I think this post reveals the form that Richard Bos was getting at.

Beg pardon?

Richard

Merrill & Michele

Richard Bos said:
Merrill & Michele said:
Keith Thompson said:
[...]
Also, this error did not cause the lost of the craft. That was
something else entirely.

namely...? MPJ

I posted a pointer to the details elsewhere in this thread. Search
for the alt.folklore.computers FAQ, then search for "Mariner".
I know you. Don't know him. Believe it or not, I'm going to walk through
life thinking that if I had to know things about this event, I would talk to
you, and I think this post reveals the form that Richard Bos was getting
at.

Beg pardon?
You thought my way of attributing and snipping was less than ideal, which
surprised me because I thought to put a fair amount of effort into it. But
as I look at this message, my > > comments don't seem to have antecedents on
the pronouns. (?) MPJ

Richard Bos

Merrill & Michele said:
You thought my way of attributing and snipping was less than ideal, which
surprised me because I thought to put a fair amount of effort into it. But
as I look at this message, my > > comments don't seem to have antecedents on
the pronouns. (?) MPJ

Ah, right.

Richard