    computer application tutorial links, and more.

    DaMoe

    http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders
    DaMoe, Oct 2, 2003

  2. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <bfMeb.166491$>
    DaMoe said...

    > Join my community HTML help group

    why?

    --
    02/October/2003 01:08:15 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003

  3. DaMoe

    DaMoe Guest

    Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
    specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
    comminity" Thats why, Thats why people be hesitant to post stuff on these
    things, cause of jerks like your self. Loosin up and stop given folks a
    hard time. if you have nothing decent to say, dont say nothing.

    DaMoe, Oct 2, 2003
  4. DaMoe

    DaMoe Guest

    community

    DaMoe, Oct 2, 2003
  5. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <HOMeb.166517$>
    DaMoe said...

    > Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
    > specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
    > comminity" Thats why,

    i thought is was a reasonable question. what makes your group so
    different from the gazillions of others? why should/would someone
    choose your group instead of one of the others? wouldn't they be
    better off using a group that already has a large userbase thereby
    increasing the chances of having their problems solved?

    "Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs,
    including computer application tutorial links, and more."

    can be said of any group.

    --
    02/October/2003 01:25:32 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  6. DaMoe

    rf Guest

    "DaMoe" <> wrote in message
    > Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
    >
    > Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
    > Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
    > computer application tutorial links, and more.
    >
    > DaMoe
    >
    > http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

    From the opening page:

    "All HTML tags are enclosed within < > brackets."

    You mean HTML element. If you are talking about HTML the first thing you
    should introduce is the concept of the HTML element.

    "Almost all HTML commands ..."

    There are no HTML commands. HTML doesn't *do* anything.

    "In using opening tags it will causes[sic] all the text and graphics that
    entered after it to be affected."

    Nope. "The content of the HTML element is affected by the attributes
    suggested in the elements opening tag, plus whatever stylesheet rules select
    that element" would better express whatever you are trying to say.

    "These results from the code will stay active until a closing tag is placed
    on the entry".

    Wrong. Closing tags are, in HTML, often optional. Plus, this sort of
    statement implies the invalid use of incorrectly nested elements, as in
    misleading statements often arise because the author has mis-interpreted
    what HTML is about and has fallen into the "command" mindset. There are no
    "commands" in HTML. There is no "code" in HTML. There elements, tags,
    attributes and attribute values.

    "The browsers that you use on your PC"

    What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
    twenty first century :)

    "The best browsers I have come across are those of the Internet Explorer
    Series"

    IE is one of the most badly designed browsers in common use. The only reason
    to use it is to ensure a design does not inadvertently break for the 80% of
    sheep out there who use it.

    "There is and upgraded version about every 6 months"

    Not any more there isn't.

    The HTML in this page: Table soup.

    The CSS in this page: Hardly anything, just a bunch of 'background colour'
    rules. Speaking of CSS why are there no "CSS resources" listed anywhere on
    the site?

    If you are going to present yourself as an expert go a group of people who
    are probably themselves experts and in many cases professionals then you
    must get your information and terminology correct.

    I would recommend this site as something to peruse to find out what *not* to
    do. If the information presented in the links on this site are of the same
    standard as the site itself then I would recommend them to be used for the
    same purpose.

    It would be better for somebody seeking information to ignore this site and
    ask here. At least here any wrong answers are quickly corrected by those who
    actually *know* the answers.

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 2, 2003
  7. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <vnNeb.133069$>
    rf said...

    > "The browsers that you use on your PC"

    > What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
    > twenty first century :)

    very true. in 2001 over 85 million people accessed the net using a
    mobile device (16%). by the end of 2004 its estimated to be over 392
    million people (41.5%). its going to be very hard for people to
    continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend a high end PC
    running IE is all that matters.

    --
    02/October/2003 02:25:53 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  8. In article <bfMeb.166491$3o3.12017822@bgtnsc05-
    news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, says...
    > Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders
    >
    > Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
    > Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
    > computer application tutorial links, and more.

    That really is a bad example to anyone starting out. I think I said
    something similar last time you posted about it.

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 2, 2003
  9. "DaMoe" <> wrote in message
    > Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.

    So what's wrong with this newsgroup?
    Woolly Mittens, Oct 2, 2003
  10. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <3f7bd8c1$0$5771$>
    Woolly Mittens said...

    > So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

    many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
    supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

    --
    02/October/2003 06:51:35 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  11. DaMoe

    rf Guest

    "brucie" <-html.org> wrote in message
    > In post <3f7bd8c1$0$5771$>
    > Woolly Mittens said...
    >
    > > So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

    > many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
    > supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

    http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 2, 2003
  12. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <2ZReb.133372$>
    rf said...

    >>> So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

    >> many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
    >> supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

    > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    i continually surprised that big puddle lets you get away with
    publishing filth like that.

    --
    02/October/2003 07:21:37 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  13. DaMoe

    > In post <2ZReb.133372$>
    > rf said...

    > >> many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
    > >> supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

    > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    > i continually surprised that big puddle lets you get away with
    > publishing filth like that.

    ?

    <grin>
    It's not outside my TOS. It's a picture of my pet. Just like all those
    bloody butterflies you have over at your place. And those spheres (the ones
    that you keep moving around with that CSS stuff) which you insist on calling
    by another name starting with a b. Whose spheres are they anyway?

    And your clam. I almost forgot about your clam. I havn't seen an image of
    your clam for ages...
    </grin>

    Cheers mate
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 2, 2003
  14. DaMoe wrote:
    > Dude why you have to get smart ...

    Dude (sic) lead with your chin why don't you.

    --
    William Tasso - http://WilliamTasso.com
    William Tasso, Oct 2, 2003
  15. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  16. DaMoe

    brucie Guest

    In post <WjSeb.133398$>
    rf said...

    >>> http://users.bigpond.net.au/rf/roo.jpg

    >> i continually surprised that big puddle lets you get away with
    >> publishing filth like that.

    > <grin>
    > It's not outside my TOS.

    that doesn't make it any less perverted.

    > It's a picture of my pet.

    ^^^ in an obscene suggestive pose

    > Just like all those bloody butterflies you have over at your place.

    my sexy butterflies are not exposing their fun giggly bits for
    everyone to see. they're ladies.

    > And those spheres

    balls

    > which you insist on calling by another name starting with a b.

    balls

    > Whose spheres are they anyway?

    BALLS! <whisper>they were going to be brucies hairy balls but i
    couldn't get the hair looking right but i'm still working on
    it</whisper>

    > And your clam. I almost forgot about your clam. I havn't seen an image of
    > your clam for ages...

    camera shy and no wonder after to cruel comments you mob keep flinging
    at the poor little dear.

    --
    02/October/2003 07:57:19 pm
    brucie, Oct 2, 2003
  17. DaMoe

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <1lbe9nvdg0jef$>, -
    html.org says...
    > In post <vnNeb.133069$>
    > rf said...
    >
    > > "The browsers that you use on your PC"

    > > What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
    > > twenty first century :)

    > very true. in 2001 over 85 million people accessed the net using a
    > mobile device (16%). by the end of 2004 its estimated to be over 392
    > million people (41.5%)....

    Mind you I am not disagreeing with you bruice, but I believe they
    consider a wireless lan card and starbucks (the analogy may be lost if
    you don't know what Starbucks is) as being a mobile device. They also
    consider answering email as accessing the net with a mobile device.

    Anyway, you are right, no matter if that is included in the numbers you
    still have to be aware that there are indeed millions of people that
    browse the web with something other than a PC based browser.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Oct 2, 2003
  18. DaMoe

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>, -
    html.org says...
    > In post <3f7bd8c1$0$5771$>
    > Woolly Mittens said...
    >
    > > So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

    > many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
    > supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

    Here's mine

    http://www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest
    _naked.jpg

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Oct 2, 2003
  19. DaMoe

    > In post <WjSeb.133398$>
    > rf said...

    > > Whose spheres are they anyway?

    > BALLS! <whisper>they were going to be brucies hairy balls but i
    > couldn't get the hair looking right but i'm still working on
    > it</whisper>

    You just need a bit of snow grass...

    http://www.cueword.com.au/mulubinba/717.html

    > > And your clam. I almost forgot about your clam. I havn't seen an image

    of
    > > your clam for ages...

    > camera shy and no wonder after to cruel comments you mob keep flinging
    > at the poor little dear.

    http://usenet.alt-html.org/cassy.jpg [27k]

    Nice clam. I can see this is a relaxed clam. Er, this *is* your clam,
    brucie, isn't it?

    Cheers
    Richard.
    rf, Oct 2, 2003
  20. DaMoe

    rf Guest

    "Whitecrest" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>, -
    > html.org says...

    > http://www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest
    > _naked.jpg

    That's nice Whitecrest, a url that wraps. I usually don't notice this until
    after I copy/paste the blue bit into my address bar and it gives me a 404.
    Then I usually copy/past the bit I missed and all is OK.

    You, however have chosen to send me from

    http://www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest

    all the way over to

    http://sitefinder.verisign.com/lpc?url=www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest&host=www.whtecrestent.com

    There is no way I can simply correct the URL. I have to type the whole
    bloody lot in again.

    Bye now. Never to be seen again.

    Cheers
    Richard.