The Page Builders

DaMoe

Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders

Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
computer application tutorial links, and more.

DaMoe

http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

DaMoe

Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
comminity" Thats why, Thats why people be hesitant to post stuff on these
things, cause of jerks like your self. Loosin up and stop given folks a
hard time. if you have nothing decent to say, dont say nothing.

DaMoe

community

DaMoe said:
Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
comminity" Thats why, Thats why people be hesitant to post stuff on these
things, cause of jerks like your self. Loosin up and stop given folks a
hard time. if you have nothing decent to say, dont say nothing.

brucie

Dude why you have to get smart, its just a community and the statmnt
specifically says "Looking to make this growing group an even bigger
comminity" Thats why,

i thought is was a reasonable question. what makes your group so
different from the gazillions of others? why should/would someone
choose your group instead of one of the others? wouldn't they be
better off using a group that already has a large userbase thereby
increasing the chances of having their problems solved?

"Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs,
including computer application tutorial links, and more."

can be said of any group.

rf

DaMoe said:
Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders

Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
computer application tutorial links, and more.

DaMoe

http://groups.msn.com/ThePageBuilders

From the opening page:

"All HTML tags are enclosed within < > brackets."

You mean HTML element. If you are talking about HTML the first thing you
should introduce is the concept of the HTML element.

"Almost all HTML commands ..."

There are no HTML commands. HTML doesn't *do* anything.

"In using opening tags it will causes[sic] all the text and graphics that
entered after it to be affected."

Nope. "The content of the HTML element is affected by the attributes
suggested in the elements opening tag, plus whatever stylesheet rules select
that element" would better express whatever you are trying to say.

"These results from the code will stay active until a closing tag is placed
on the entry".

Wrong. Closing tags are, in HTML, often optional. Plus, this sort of
statement implies the invalid use of incorrectly nested elements, as in
misleading statements often arise because the author has mis-interpreted
what HTML is about and has fallen into the "command" mindset. There are no
"commands" in HTML. There is no "code" in HTML. There elements, tags,
attributes and attribute values.

"The browsers that you use on your PC"

What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
twenty first century :)

"The best browsers I have come across are those of the Internet Explorer
Series"

IE is one of the most badly designed browsers in common use. The only reason
to use it is to ensure a design does not inadvertently break for the 80% of
sheep out there who use it.

"There is and upgraded version about every 6 months"

Not any more there isn't.

The HTML in this page: Table soup.

The CSS in this page: Hardly anything, just a bunch of 'background colour'
rules. Speaking of CSS why are there no "CSS resources" listed anywhere on
the site?

If you are going to present yourself as an expert go a group of people who
are probably themselves experts and in many cases professionals then you
must get your information and terminology correct.

I would recommend this site as something to peruse to find out what *not* to
do. If the information presented in the links on this site are of the same
standard as the site itself then I would recommend them to be used for the
same purpose.

It would be better for somebody seeking information to ignore this site and
ask here. At least here any wrong answers are quickly corrected by those who
actually *know* the answers.

Cheers
Richard.

brucie

"The browsers that you use on your PC"
What if I am using a mac? A Sun Sparkstation? A telephone? This *is* the
twenty first century :)

very true. in 2001 over 85 million people accessed the net using a
mobile device (16%). by the end of 2004 its estimated to be over 392
million people (41.5%). its going to be very hard for people to
continue to bury their head in the sand and pretend a high end PC
running IE is all that matters.

Hywel Jenkins

Join my community HTML help group ThePageBuilders

Looking to make this growing group an even bigger comminity.
Plenty of links and resources for your web development needs, including
computer application tutorial links, and more.

That really is a bad example to anyone starting out. I think I said
something similar last time you posted about it.

brucie

So what's wrong with this newsgroup?

many things but i think the biggie is people not being required to
supply a link to nudie pics of themselves before participating.

rf

brucie said:
i continually surprised that big puddle lets you get away with
publishing filth like that.

?

<grin>
It's not outside my TOS. It's a picture of my pet. Just like all those
bloody butterflies you have over at your place. And those spheres (the ones
that you keep moving around with that CSS stuff) which you insist on calling
by another name starting with a b. Whose spheres are they anyway?

And your clam. I almost forgot about your clam. I havn't seen an image of
your clam for ages...
</grin>

Cheers mate
Richard.

brucie

<grin>
It's not outside my TOS.

that doesn't make it any less perverted.
It's a picture of my pet.
^^^ in an obscene suggestive pose
Just like all those bloody butterflies you have over at your place.

my sexy butterflies are not exposing their fun giggly bits for
everyone to see. they're ladies.
And those spheres
balls

which you insist on calling by another name starting with a b.
balls

Whose spheres are they anyway?

BALLS! <whisper>they were going to be brucies hairy balls but i
couldn't get the hair looking right but i'm still working on
it said:
And your clam. I almost forgot about your clam. I havn't seen an image of
your clam for ages...

camera shy and no wonder after to cruel comments you mob keep flinging
at the poor little dear.

Whitecrest

very true. in 2001 over 85 million people accessed the net using a
mobile device (16%). by the end of 2004 its estimated to be over 392
million people (41.5%)....

Mind you I am not disagreeing with you bruice, but I believe they
consider a wireless lan card and starbucks (the analogy may be lost if
you don't know what Starbucks is) as being a mobile device. They also
consider answering email as accessing the net with a mobile device.

Anyway, you are right, no matter if that is included in the numbers you
still have to be aware that there are indeed millions of people that
browse the web with something other than a PC based browser.

rf

brucie said:
In post <[email protected]>
rf said...

BALLS! <whisper>they were going to be brucies hairy balls but i
couldn't get the hair looking right but i'm still working on
it</whisper>

You just need a bit of snow grass...

http://www.cueword.com.au/mulubinba/717.html
camera shy and no wonder after to cruel comments you mob keep flinging
at the poor little dear.

http://usenet.alt-html.org/cassy.jpg [27k]

Nice clam. I can see this is a relaxed clam. Er, this *is* your clam,
brucie, isn't it?

Cheers
Richard.

rf

Whitecrest said:

That's nice Whitecrest, a url that wraps. I usually don't notice this until
after I copy/paste the blue bit into my address bar and it gives me a 404.
Then I usually copy/past the bit I missed and all is OK.

You, however have chosen to send me from

http://www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest

all the way over to

http://sitefinder.verisign.com/lpc?url=www.whtecrestent.com/whitecrest&host=www.whtecrestent.com

There is no way I can simply correct the URL. I have to type the whole
bloody lot in again.

Bye now. Never to be seen again.

Cheers
Richard.