"The protocol 'https' is not supported" (client side call to WCF s

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by cserold, Apr 6, 2010.

  1. cserold

    cserold Guest

    Hello,

    I am making calls to WCF services in my ASP.NET 3.5 application from client
    side javascript. Everything works fine when developing locally but when the
    site is deployed to the production server and https is required the calls no
    longer work. The following error is getting thrown:
    54[InvalidOperationException: The protocol 'https' is not supported.]
    55 System.ServiceModel.AsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result) +11531006
    56
    System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult
    result) +194
    57
    System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.ExecuteSynchronous(HttpApplication context, Boolean flowContext) +176
    58 System.ServiceModel.Activation.HttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
    context) +23
    59
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
    60 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean&
    completedSynchronously) +75

    I know it has something to do with this declaration in my .svc file:

    <%@ ServiceHost Language="C#" Debug="false"
    Service="AJAX.DocumentLibraryService"
    Factory="System.ServiceModel.Activation.WebScriptServiceHostFactory" %>

    The System.ServiceModel.Activation.WebScriptServiceHostFactory is
    automatically creating an endpoint based on wsHttpBinding and this doesn't
    support https.

    I wish there was another "Factory" that implemented Https. Can anybody
    provide me with the best approach to implement this?

    Thanks,
    Craig

    cserold, Apr 6, 2010