Themes and Skins

Tim Royal

With CSS being so prevalent, how common is the use of the asp.net Skins and
Themes? I'm examining my methodology for setting up sites for some folks,
and the idea of having using Themes seems compelling. However, I'm seeing
alot of emphasis on using CSS markup.

Are folks still actively using themes?

Thanks for any input.

Tim

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Tim,

Themes is standard asp.net feature and I see no reasons why you shouldn't
use them.
see that description http://www.15seconds.com/issue/040105.htm

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev [Microsoft MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

TR> With CSS being so prevalent, how common is the use of the asp.net
TR> Skins and Themes? I'm examining my methodology for setting up sites
TR> for some folks, and the idea of having using Themes seems
TR> compelling. However, I'm seeing alot of emphasis on using CSS
TR> markup.
TR>
TR> Are folks still actively using themes?
TR>
TR> Thanks for any input.
TR>
TR> Tim

gerry

the 2 are not mutually exclusive - I tend to use asp.net themes that are
100% css ie. they contain no .skin files.