    I needs to print an invoice by a thermal printer in a web based JSP
    program, could anyone teach me how to do that? Write an applet?

    Thanks!

    terry, Jul 25, 2003

  2. "terry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I needs to print an invoice by a thermal printer in a web based JSP
    > program, could anyone teach me how to do that? Write an applet?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I don't really know, but I'm guessing that the printer is connected to the
    computer viewing the jsp/applet right? So if you want to do it from jsp,
    then the server would have to be able to print to the clients printer via
    sharing on windows or some printer server on linux (cups perhaps). If they
    are on a small network, this may not be that hard. But jsp is probably not a
    good solution since you will need to have a few extra configurations to make
    this work. Maybe a signed applet could do it. It should work just like
    regular printing if the printer is setup properly. I've never really worked
    with signed applets, I normally make regular applications that run on the
    client machine.

    Miguel De Anda, Jul 25, 2003