This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'NAME'

Guest

Hi,

has anyone come across this error before:

This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'NAME'

I am getting it when trying to send an xml file across a web service layer.

The xml file is well formed, having been checked with XmlSpy. The size of
the file is roughly 119KB. I think it was written in MS Word and the HTML is
being sent through the web service layer as a property of a serializable
object.

Searching the web has given me lots of results but none have found a
solution. The error suggests to me that it is reading the xml and suddenly
stops, which means it cannot find a closing tag. Is there a size limit to
the amount of data that can be serialized/deserialized in one go?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Patrice

My first thought would be that some of the enclosed HTML content is parsed
by the XML parser. Is this HTML fragment enclosed inside a CDATA section ?

You could also perhaps do a quick test by using a much more simplified HTML
content to see if it still fails...

Guest

Hi Patrice,

I don't think this is the issue, as when the page loads it retrieves
paragraphs from the data layer which are in exactly the same format, just
with different wording. They seem to pass through the web service layer with
no problem.

When changing a paragraph, I upload a new file containing the paragraph and
this is sent down through the web service layer along with the other
paragraph (which is to be deleted). I was thinking that perhaps it was the
size of these two files which was causing the problem.