This page can not be saved

A.M

Hi,

There are web sites that it is not possible to save the site locally.
(File-> Save As... returns error)
How can i do that with my own pages.

Thanks,
Ali

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ali,

Thanks for posting in the community! My name is Steven, and I'll be
assisting you on this issue.
From your description, you found that sometimes when you use the IE's
File->Save As menu item to save a certain web
site's page to local disk, you encountered some errors which prevent you
from finishing such operation.
Also, you'd like to implement the same effect for your own site or pages,
yes?

Based on my understanding, here is my suggestions:
1. Generally, when we view a web page in the Browser(such as IE or Mozilla
or..), the page's html source has been already downloaded to the local disk
on the client machine. It is in the internet tempory folder. So as for the
situation you mentioned, I think the error is likely to be caused two
things:
1) The page may have related or linked any other resources which prevent
you from downloading it so that it cause the error. If so, you may try use
the "View Source" menu of the browser and try viewing the page's html
source. If ok, you can still by copy the source and save it as a html file
manually, we still can download it :).
2) There does occurs some third party techniques on how to encrypt the web
page's html source from being cracked or protect some certain web resources
from being download. Such function is implemented by doing some certain
modification on the page's source code.

2. Here is some third party components which provide some similiar
funcitons on protecting page source or web resources. You may have a view
on them:
#Html Protector ----protect your page's html source
http://www.minihttpserver.net/htmlg/index.php

#Web document download protection tool
http://ebizwhiz-publishing.com/ebookprotect.htm

#How to prevent theft of your source code
http://www.vortex-webdesign.com/help/hidesource.htm

Please check out the preceding suggestions. If you have any questions,
please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Ali,

Have you had a chance to check out my suggestions or have you got any ideas
on this issue? If you need any further help, please feel free to post here.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

A.M

Yes I did. Now I underestand that for protect page scripts we need to use
3rd party products.
Thanks for help.
Ali