This showed up on a Java blogs site...

James Britt

Tom said:

Very nice.

I'm generally leery of terse program samples, as they can give the
impression that a language is best suited for "write once, read never" code.

But this one was short and clear. Assuming one understands method
chaining, it's obvious what's going on.

Also interesting was the lack of bile in the succeeding discussion.

And the Kataba libraries, look neat, too. Except for the commercial
license fee.

James

Brian Schröder

Also interesting was the lack of bile in the succeeding discussion.

What does lack of bile mean? Also I know what bile is, I do not understand
this phrase?

Brian

Markus

What does lack of bile mean? Also I know what bile is, I do not understand
this phrase?

This is slang from a few hundred years ago that has become part of the
language over time. As most bile (as bodily fluids) was considered rude
but the word "bile" was not considered rude, it was a polite way of
saying "being rude"; this was also tied to the belief that the "humours"
(the four supposed bodily fluids) controlled the emotions. Bile was two
of these and it controlled what we would now call "flame bait" (yellow
bile) and "trolls" (black bile).

-- MarkusQ

James Britt

Brian said:
What does lack of bile mean? Also I know what bile is, I do not understand
this phrase?

Programming language discussions often degenerate into "My language is
great, your language is poop."

Usually, by that point, people have gone past any objective descriptions
of relative shortcomings and become downright nasty, making snarky,
technically irrelevant comments meant to belittle one or another
language and its users; that nastiness is what I meant by "bile." And
that nastiness was notably absent from the discussion.

See the first meaning #2 at http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bile

James

Hal Fulton

Brian said:
What does lack of bile mean? Also I know what bile is, I do not understand
this phrase?

I guess literally bile is stomach acid. As an English idiom, it also
means bitterness or anger or invective -- that is my interpretation.

Hal

Anders Engström

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

=20
=20
What does lack of bile mean? Also I know what bile is, I do not understand
this phrase?
=20

For a nice example of 'bile' in this context (java related), check out
the BileBlog[1].

[1]: http://jroller.com/page/fate

//Anders

--=20
=2E Anders Engstr=F6m (e-mail address removed)
=2E http://www.gnejs.net PGP-Key: ED010E7F
=2E [Your mind is like an umbrella. It doesn't work unless you open it.] =
=20

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99

--5vNYLRcllDrimb99--