Thread local socks proxy library for java?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Chorg, Dec 13, 2003.

  1. Chorg

    Chorg Guest

    Hello all,
    I am doing some work with socks proxies, and i am looking for a
    library that would allow me to set my proxies on a per thread basis.

    I am using java 1.4 for this, and i am aware that i can set the system
    property to do this:

    System.setProperty( "proxySet", "true" );
    System.setProperty( "http.proxyHost", "xxx" );
    System.setProperty( "http.proxyPort", "xxx" );

    However, from my understanding, this would set a value for the entire
    JVM. what i want is to set the proxy local to a thread. Can anyone
    suggest some good libraries available to do this?

    thx
    chorg
    Chorg, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Chorg

    A Baba Guest

    Rather than using the HTTP classes in JDK, try the Net package in Apache
    Commons (http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/). This is a much better
    libarary for HTTP access and supports Proxy server.

    You don't pay to get spam, why pay to clean it
    Visit http://www.spammarshall.com for details

    A Baba, Dec 13, 2003