    - read from its STDOUT
    But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.

    Thanks for your help.
    Jean-François GAZET, Aug 23, 2003

  2. "Jean-François GAZET" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
    > - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
    > - write to its STDIN
    > - read from its STDOUT
    > But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    No you do not need a thread. Windows is a multitasking operating system
    which means that one program does not stop another program from running.

    But this has nothing to do with C++, which is the topic of this group. You
    should ask on a Windows programming group such as
    news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32. Ask about the CreateProcess Win32
    API function, it does what you need.

    john
    John Harrison, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Jean-François GAZET wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
    > - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
    > - write to its STDIN
    > - read from its STDOUT
    > But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    I am unable to locate a C++ question here. Perhaps you have the wrong
    group? Please re-read the welcome message, paying particular attention
    to the section on topicality.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt

    -Kevin
    Kevin Goodsell, Aug 23, 2003
  4. > > Hi,

    > > i'm writing a win32 application. I need the code to :
    > > - start a "win32 console application" (a MSDOS EXE file)
    > > - write to its STDIN
    > > - read from its STDOUT
    > > But with a thread, i think, not to "lock" the main application.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help.
    > >

    > I am unable to locate a C++ question here.

    I'm asking about C++ source code and functions to do what i wrote. But
    forget, i asked to news:comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32
    Jean-François GAZET, Aug 23, 2003