ThreadGroup#enclose

Dave Thomas

I'm probably being very dense, but could someone explain a practical use
for ThreadGroup#enclose?

Dave (who's desperately trying to get the documentation finished)

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: ThreadGroup#enclose"

|At Wed, 6 Aug 2003 02:27:34 +0900,
|Dave Thomas wrote:
|> I'm probably being very dense, but could someone explain a practical use
|> for ThreadGroup#enclose?
|
|It was introduced for the sake of multiple Tk interpreter. See
|ext/tk/lib/multi-tk.rb.

Yep, typically SafeTk wants threads created by unsafe interpreter
enclosed in a thread group.

matz.

Dave Thomas

Yukihiro said:
Hi,

In message "Re: ThreadGroup#enclose"

|At Wed, 6 Aug 2003 02:27:34 +0900,
|Dave Thomas wrote:
|> I'm probably being very dense, but could someone explain a practical use
|> for ThreadGroup#enclose?
|
|It was introduced for the sake of multiple Tk interpreter. See
|ext/tk/lib/multi-tk.rb.

Yep, typically SafeTk wants threads created by unsafe interpreter
enclosed in a thread group.
In what way is it different to ThreadGroup#freeze?