threads, dRuby...

Andy Koch

Not sure where to start, so I'll just jump in...

I have a dRuby server which runs a thread for each request.

The request fires off some processing that includes working with
FireRuby and libxml, libxsl.

Here's the weird thing about this. When I start the dRuby server, it
always throws a FireRuby exception when the libxml opens an xml file for
xsl transformation. But, it only does this the first time the server is
called. All subsequent calls to the dRuby server run all code as
designed without any trouble.

Now, I think it very odd that libxml appears to be throwing a fireruby
exception. But even more so is that this only happens the first time.

I feel that something isn't getting initialized properly; but obviously
I don't know what.

Any ideas on what might be happening?

I realize code helps, however it quite a bit of code. Thus I'm not sure
what portion would be relevant.

any help is appreciated.

regards,

andy koch