Three question which is not yet answered clearly and correct so far !! challenging question in xsl a

Philip Meyer

1) setting image as Background with alignment in center not
working..help

Explanation :

i need to set a image as background and also it should be
dispalyed in the center.i am using apache fop 0.25
Problem :
i am using apache fop 0.25 and i used the below to set a gif as
background and alignment to be center...
<fo:block background-image="c:\sample.gif" background-repeat="no-
repeat" text-align="center" display-align="center">
i tried with all the possiblities of setting image as background in
the center...
please tell me solution how to make or set image as background and
also to be displayed in the center at the back of the data.

2) Xsl fo-White Space Problem - At end Why ????
Explanation of the content :
a) My xml will be like
<Mobile>
..........like this it has many connection child with same tags
..........like this it has many connection child with these tags
</mobile>
b) first i retrieve some of the second tags i.e some of the childs of
mobile relating to the tags
.....some
c) second i will retrieve all the tags of first tags i.e all the
childs of mobile relating to the tags
....all
d) third i will retrieve the all the tags which were left in the
first tags..i.e remaining tags of

Explanation of the problem :
1) i don't have problem till the third step.i have problem when i
come to the fourth step.
2) I checked with the xml data.the data is correct but the alignment
is not coming properly from the
fourth step.
3) It gives more space then actually specified for all the fourth
tags.
4) i have used CDATA in the xml so my output is correct throughout
the third step..i don't know from fourth
5) it gives more space for all the fourth tags after the third tags.
Example:

Expected Output
WEB DESIGN ENVIRONMENT
Ouput Coming WEB DESIGN ENVIRONMENT
my xsl is :
<fo:table-body>
<xsl:for-each select= 'MOBILE/CONNECTION/SOUTH//REGION'>
<fo:table-row text-align="left" font-family="Courier New, Courier"
font-size="8pt" line-height="15pt">
<fo:table-cell number-columns-spanned="7">
<xsl:choose>
<xsl:when test="position()!=last()">
<fo:block text-align="left" white-space-collapse="false"><xsl:value-
of select="."/></fo:block>
</xsl:when>
<xsl:eek:therwise>
<fo:block space-after.optimum="2pt" text-align="left" white-space-
collapse="false"><xsl:value-of select="."/></fo:block>
</xsl:eek:therwise>
</xsl:choose>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>
</xsl:for-each>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>
<xsl:for-each select= 'MOBILE/CONNECTION/SOUTH//REGION'>
<xsl:if test="position()=last()">
<xsl:for-each select="../../following::*[NORTH]">
<fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Courier New, Courier" font-
size="8pt" white-space-collapse="false" font-weight="bold"><xsl:value-
of select="."/></fo:block>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:if>
</xsl:for-each>

i think that the problem with the xsl query ...as when we do
xsl:for-each it will defaultely creates a white space at the end...so
is there is any way to check the position of the
'MOBILE/CONNECTION/SOUTH//REGION' without using the xsl:for-each...

3) i was trying to use the arial font in xsl fo ..i am using apache
fop
0.25 when i use font-family="Arial" an error is coming
[ERROR] unknown font Arial,normal,bold so defaulted font to any
when i use font-family="Arial Unicode MS, sans-serif"
it is working...i also have all fonts installed in my system..
what are the fonts it will support..please tell me the name of the
font correctly that has to be applied in font-family=" "...i need to
use Arial font..please tell me the solution to this
i want to use "Arial" font please help me....

please send me the solution to my mail id (e-mail address removed)
....as soon as possible..

Thanks in Advance

Philip