Throw Exception

shapper

Hello,

I have a function named Find as follows:

Public Function Find() As Control
Dim AllControls As Control() = FindAll()
End Function

FindAll returns can return an array of controls or single control.

What I want is to create and exception that I would throw as follows:

If AllControls has more than 1 control then throw the expection:
"Multiple controls found"

If AllControls has only 1 control but its type is different from
TextBox the throw the exception:
"The control found is not a TextBox"

If AllControls has only 1 control and is a TextBox then:
Throw now exception and Return AllControls(0)

How can I do this?

Thanks,
Miguel

Misbah Arefin

please pardon my code smaple below i am not very familiar with VB.NET (sample
code in C#)

if(AllControls.Length > 1)
throw new Exception("multiple");

if(AllControls.Length == 1 && !(AllControls[0] is TextBox))
throw new Exception("not textbox");

return AllControls[0];