Tidy module?

Mark Reed

Is there an easy_installable egg with an interface to libtidy? I
found µTidy, but it looks like an inactive project, with no updates
since 2004, so I'm skeptical of its reliability. I found mxTidy, but
it's only available as part of some larger distribution, and I don't
want to replace my Python installation. Is there one out there that I
missed?

Preferably, it'd be a single module I can drop into my current Python
2.5 installation, ideally via easy_install, to get tidy functionality
without having to resort to os.popen("tidy").

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

M.-A. Lemburg

Is there an easy_installable egg with an interface to libtidy? I
found µTidy, but it looks like an inactive project, with no updates
since 2004, so I'm skeptical of its reliability. I found mxTidy, but
it's only available as part of some larger distribution, and I don't
want to replace my Python installation.

Replace your Python installation ??

You only have to install two package:

egenix-mx-base
egenix-mx-experimental

using the standard "python setup.py install" dance (if you want
to compile from source) or get the prebuilt packages and do
"python setup.py build --skip install".

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com