Timeout expired using the SqlDataSource WebControl, ASP.NET 2.0

ryanb31

When I call databind on my gridview which uses a SqlDataSource as its
DataSourceID, after 30 seconds I get the error "Timeout expired. The
timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the
server is not responding."

I have tried the Connect/Connection TimeOut property in my connection
string and have used values between 0 and 600 and it has had no affect.

I can run the stored procedure through Query Analyzer. It does take
longer than 30 seconds to run. The Query timeout on the sql server is
set to 600 seconds.

If I modify my stored procedure to return a single row my web page
works fine. I know I am connecting ok but I don't see where to control
the execution/query timeout for the SqlDataSource web control.
From reading other posts it appears I may have to set the
CommandTimeout property of the underlying SqlCommand object but how can
you access the SqlCommand object that the SqlDataSource web control is
using?

Ryan

mrouge

Hi Ryan, i have the same problem.

Have you found a solution meantime?
I have tried the IIS timeout proprieties also, but w/o any result.
I'm driving crazy.

Do I have to rewrite all sqldatasource with ado.net connection and
datasources?
Any suggestion is appreciated.

rouge.