    frameBorder=no width=0 height=0 runat="server"></IFRAME>

    What is the best way to keep the forms authentication going for way longer
    than the default?
    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3?=, Oct 29, 2007

  2. Ok the line should be Response.AddHeader("Refresh",1190); where 1200 = 20
    minutes.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3?=, Oct 29, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YW5kcmV3?=

    Dave Guest

    On Oct 29, 6:13 pm, andrew <> wrote:
    > I have a web application with 20 minutes set for the session and forms
    > authentication timeouts.
    >
    > But... I have one user who wants a timeout of hours...
    >
    > I figure I could use an IFrame to keep the session alive....
    >
    > KEEPALIVE.aspx has:

    > {
    > Response.AddHeader("Refresh",8000);
    >
    > }
    >
    > MyRegPage.aspx has:
    >
    > <IFRAME id=KEEPALIVE src="KEEPALIVE.aspx"
    > frameBorder=no width=0 height=0 runat="server"></IFRAME>
    >
    > What is the best way to keep the forms authentication going for way longer
    > than the default?

    I use an ajax method that updates a time stamp in my database for
    locking purposes. This way the page never times out. you don't have to
    do the database call just a simple are you there method will keep the
    session alive.
    Dave, Oct 30, 2007