Timer Control

Jay

Anyone know where I might find a decent asp.net timer control? teletik has
a nice callback control, hoever, it is way too expensive. Thanks a lot.

Lucas Tam

Anyone know where I might find a decent asp.net timer control?
teletik has a nice callback control, hoever, it is way too expensive.
Thanks a lot.

You could always write your own in Javascript...

Any timer you find won't be reliable in ASP.NET ; )

Guest

What do you all need it to do? Clientside timer or are you trying to do
somethign at the server side?

Jay

Server side. I am wanting to automatically update a datagid on a specifiec
interval.

Guest

Not really going to happen... WWW drops connection to the server after
retrieval of the page, there isn't any good way to "push" data from the
server without somethign like an ActiveX control on the client.
Have the client page refresh every (n) if you need to update the info.

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com

Guest

They either use a clientside control or, what many do, is open a second,
hidden, window that polls and refreshes the "master" window.
Either way though, you are trying to get the technology to do something it
was specifically designed NOT to do. Dont get me wrong, it would be a nice
thing, but you may want to rethink you idea. Just go for somethign like an
ActiveX on the client and your life will be WAY easier....

--
Curt Christianson
site: http://www.darkfalz.com