tix problem in ubuntu karmic

harryos

hi

I posted this question in ubuntu users forum but no help was
forthcoming..
I hope someone can help me here.

I had been using jaunty as o.s and was coding in python 2.6. While
using Tix widgets in my code I came across a bug as mentioned in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tix/+bug/371720

Also ,there was a suggested fix

http://skriticos.blogspot.com/2009/07/ubuntu-jaunty-904-python-tix-fi...

After that I began to get segmentation fault when I ran the code!!

So ,I thought upgrading to karmic would help .But even after the
upgrade I am getting segmentation fault..I reinstalled python ,tk and
tix through synaptic..Still the problem persists.

The versions of packages installed are

python =2.6.4-0ubuntu3

python-tk =2.6.3-0ubuntu1

tix =8.4.0-6ubuntu1

tix-dev =8.4.0-6ubuntu1

tk8.5 =8.5.7-1

tk8.4 =8.4.19-3

Can someone tell me how I can solve this problem?

thanks,
harry

Jeff Hobbs

I had been using  jaunty as o.s and was coding in python 2.6. While
using Tix widgets in my code I came across a bug as mentioned in

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tix/+bug/371720 ....
So ,I  thought upgrading to karmic would help .But even after the
upgrade I am getting segmentation fault..I reinstalled python ,tk and
tix through synaptic..Still the problem persists.

The versions of packages installed  are

python   =2.6.4-0ubuntu3
python-tk =2.6.3-0ubuntu1
tk8.5 =8.5.7-1
tk8.4 =8.4.19-3
tix  =8.4.0-6ubuntu1
tix-dev =8.4.0-6ubuntu1

As the first link indicates, Tix 8.4.3 has this fixed, which is the
latest stable version:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tix/files/

Try building that from source and using it in place of Tix 8.4.0 that
you are currently using.

Jeff