Tk problem

Chris Finch

Hi, I get the following message when trying to use Tk
"This application has failed to start because tk84.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I am using Ruby 1.8.4.

Has anyone else come across this? I thought Tk was included in ruby.

Or am I missing something?

Chris.

Gregor Kopp

Chris said:
Hi, I get the following message when trying to use Tk
"This application has failed to start because tk84.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I am using Ruby 1.8.4.

Has anyone else come across this? I thought Tk was included in ruby.

Or am I missing something?

Chris.

Youre missing par example activetcl from activestate if you are using
windows.

Chris Finch

I have got Tk working - but now want to use Tile to give native look and
feel.
I have used the following code:
Tk::Tile.__Import_Tile_Widgets__

but get in reply:

uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing'

Tile appears in:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

How do I make it work?

Chris

Hidetoshi NAGAI

From: Chris Finch <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Tk problem
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 21:20:35 +0900
feel.
I have used the following code:
Tk::Tile.__Import_Tile_Widgets__

but get in reply:

uninitialized constant Tk::Tile
from C:/InstantRails/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/tk.rb:1869:in `const_missing'

Did you call "require 'tkextlib/tile'"?
If so, did you install Tile extension for your Tcl/Tk?

# ActiveTcl binary package includes Tile extension.
Tile appears in:
C:\InstantRails\ruby\lib\ruby\1.8\tkextlib

That is a wrapper library for Tile extension.
It requires Tcl/Tk's Tile libraries.