TkCanvas

Patrick Lynch

Good morning,
I'm trying to translate the example on pp 341-345 in "Mastering Perl/TK'
to Ruby.

On page 344 a method $cp->CreatePlotAxis(...) is used. Is there a method
in TkCanvas that I can use that will produce the same result, namely,
placing labels on the x axis and y axis?

Thx,
Pat

Mihai Frisan

Hello,

I try to edit a .svg file with RMagick, but the result of just importing
the file and then saving it as a .jpg is a black&white image (the shapes
are still there but the colors are not).
Here is the code

require 'RMagick'
include Magick

canvas = Image.read('d:\test.svg').first
canvas.write('d:\test.jpg')

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
If you know any other way (another image library maybe) I can edit a
svg file from ruby please let me know.

Thanks,
Mihai

Timothy Hunter

Mihai said:
Hello,

I try to edit a .svg file with RMagick, but the result of just
importing the file and then saving it as a .jpg is a black&white image
(the shapes are still there but the colors are not).
Here is the code

require 'RMagick'
include Magick

canvas = Image.read('d:\test.svg').first
canvas.write('d:\test.jpg')

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
If you know any other way (another image library maybe) I can edit a
.svg file from ruby please let me know.

Thanks,
Mihai
ImageMagick's support for SVG is long overdue for an overhaul and you'll
probably never get satisfactory results. If you want an authoritative
response for this particular image, probably your best bet is to open a
Support Request on the RMagick RubyForge project
(http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=12). You'll be able to upload
your .svg file as part of the request. Don't forget to specify which
version of RMagick you're using.

Timothy Hunter

Mihai said:
Hello,

I try to edit a .svg file with RMagick, but the result of just
importing the file and then saving it as a .jpg is a black&white image
(the shapes are still there but the colors are not).
Here is the code

require 'RMagick'
include Magick

canvas = Image.read('d:\test.svg').first
canvas.write('d:\test.jpg')

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
If you know any other way (another image library maybe) I can edit a
.svg file from ruby please let me know.

Thanks,
Mihai
Mihai,

I see your Support Request on RubyForge. Could you please attach the
problem SVG file to the request? If you scroll all the way to the bottom
of the page you'll see a checkbox that says "Check to Upload & Attach
File" and a place to select the file. Thanks!

Morton Goldberg

Good morning,
I'm trying to translate the example on pp 341-345 in "Mastering
Perl/TK'
to Ruby.

On page 344 a method $cp->CreatePlotAxis(...) is used. Is there a
method
in TkCanvas that I can use that will produce the same result, namely,
placing labels on the x axis and y axis?

Uh, didn't we go through this back is September? And didn't you get a
detailed answer from Hidetoshi NAGAI? I can only refer you to:

http://www.code-hosting.com/Ruby/1508039-CanvasPlot--
createPlotAxis-and-createLinePlot-

AFAIK, there is no one more expert in this area than NAGAI san. I
don't think you are going to get a better answer than you already got.

Regards, Morton