TKinter Frame Size automatic

hkaratoy

I have a question about the frame size.

I want to create Tabbed window. There will be one Window and tabs in this window. The page will be displayed whenever the user press the corresponding tab.
This is simple NoteBook behaviour from Tkinter.
I do not want to set the master window size but I want to make it dynamic regarding to the largest tabbed window.

Lets say I have 4 pages which are tabbed, and if the 3 rd tabbed page has the largest size I want to set my main window to that size. Then I do nto have to set the master page size.

I can read the frame size with frame.winfo_width(), frame.winfo_height(), but I can only learn this when the tabbed frame is created, and I think it is too late for the initialization of the main widnow size.

I am quite confused. Because I do now know that I can learn the frame size before I packed all the widgets to it.

Regards

Terry Reedy

I have a question about the frame size.

I want to create Tabbed window. There will be one Window and tabs in
this window. The page will be displayed whenever the user press the
corresponding tab. This is simple NoteBook behaviour from Tkinter. I
do not want to set the master window size but I want to make it
dynamic regarding to the largest tabbed window.

Normally, like in a browser, tabs display text of unknown, variable size
and take their size from the master window. If the tabs display
fixed-sized forms, for instance, I would expect that you could resize
the main window after inserting tab widgets but before displaying. If
not, you should be to create the widgets first, find the largest height
and width, create the master, and then put the widgets into the master,
changing their 'master' attribute.