Tkinter, Menu(bar) font size

Bob Greschke

Option adding "Menu*font" changes the font size of the _commands,
_radiobuttons, etc., but not the "File", "Edit", etc. labels on the menubar
itself. What is the name for those labels? If I go

Top.add_cascade(Label = "File", menu = Fi, font = "Courier 20")

they change, but I can't figure out the name for the option_add.

I'm not really trying to use Courier 20. :)

Thanks!

Bob

jepler

Tk tries to use the "native" menu control on Windows (and, I think, MacOS).
One result seems to be that for the application's menu bar you can't change the
font.

Of course, Windows provides a way for users to select a uniform font for
menu bars in all applications, in the Display control panel.

Jeff

Bob Greschke

Yeah. It works on a Sun and Linux, but not Windows. That stinks. We got a
bunch of 1400x1050 display laptops in and now I have to run around changing
a bunch of programs that looked fine on 1024x768 displays.

Thanks!