    Kevin Walzer
    Code by Kevin
    http://www.codebykevin.com
    Kevin Walzer, Jul 24, 2011

  2. Kevin Walzer

    John Posner Guest

    On 2:59 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:
    > Can anyone point me in the direction of a Tkinter/Python app that has
    > been wrapped with py2exe and is deployed on Windows as a standalone
    > using one of the standard installer tools? (MSI, NSIS, Inno Setup,
    > etc.) I'm working on a Tkinter app for Windows and have had a
    > surprisingly hard time finding such apps to use as
    > examples/benchmarks, etc. (The only one I've found, in fact, is
    > Webgobbler at http://sebsauvage.net/python/webgobbler/index.html; a
    > nice app, but I'd like more examples.)

    I used Inno Setup 5.4.0(a) to create the "ClixTur" executable at
    http://www.jjposner.net/5273.html

    Inno Setup gives the executable an execrable name (looks like a GUID),
    but it works fine.

    HTH,
    John
    John Posner, Jul 25, 2011

  3. Kevin Walzer

    John Posner Guest

    On 2:59 PM, Kevin Walzer wrote:
    > Can anyone point me in the direction of a Tkinter/Python app that has
    > been wrapped with py2exe and is deployed on Windows as a standalone
    > using one of the standard installer tools? (MSI, NSIS, Inno Setup,
    > etc.) I'm working on a Tkinter app for Windows and have had a
    > surprisingly hard time finding such apps to use as
    > examples/benchmarks, etc. (The only one I've found, in fact, is
    > Webgobbler at http://sebsauvage.net/python/webgobbler/index.html; a
    > nice app, but I'd like more examples.)

    I used Inno Setup 5.4.0(a) to create the "ClixTur" executable at
    http://www.jjposner.net/5273.html

    Inno Setup gives the .exe file a GUID for a name (ugh!) but it works fine.

    HTH,
    John
    John Posner, Jul 25, 2011