To Brucie

Mr. Bill

Remember that slide show you posted a link to, using PHP. Well you have
gone and opened up a can of worms! Now I have put myself to task to figure
out how you did all of that.

Thanks for the source code as that will be very helpful to my quest.

I have installed Apache and successfully (with some trouble because of a
conflicting app I had to remove) installed PHP4. Am I going to also need
MySQL to do what you did? Do I need it anyway?

I know it is a bit off topic but hey.... you started it!

Mr. Bill

Nico Schuyt

Mr. Bill said:
Remember that slide show you posted a link to, using PHP.
I have installed Apache and successfully (with some trouble because
of a conflicting app I had to remove) installed PHP4. Am I going to
also need MySQL to do what you did?

No. It's just effective use of some basic PHP
Do I need it anyway?

Depends on your intentions. If you want to build a web shop or intend to
publish hundreds of pictures in a dozen categories you're probably gonna
need MySQL.
Nico

Mr. Bill

Depends on your intentions. If you want to build a web shop or intend to
publish hundreds of pictures in a dozen categories you're probably gonna
need MySQL.

Thanks Nico