Tomcat 4.0 on XP, Startup, Bind problem

Robert Kattke

BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind

complete Stack Trace available upon request.
Some various interactions which may contribute to problem.
-Recent Install of Zone Alarm Firewall(ZA):(Startup fails even when ZA
off)
-IBM HTTP Server is running, but can't seem to find it or kill it Task
Manager process list. Must have installed it with Websphere(WAS) but
have not used it.
-I'm using Cable Modem
-Apache2 is running although, IBM is serving at http://localhost
-I've generally used Tomcat as a stand-alone at http://localhost:8080

Various log excerpts and clues:
netstat shows only 5-6 ports being used; none suspect
3306 and 1046 for local MySQL, and a few around 1050 for ?Cable
Modem?

from catalina_log.2004-08-30.txt
2004-08-30 15:59:42 HttpConnector Opening server socket on all host IP
addresses

from mod_jk.log
[Mon Aug 30 01:37:40 2004] [jk_ajp_common.c (1239)]: In
jk_worker_t::validate for worker ajp13 contact is 127.0.0.1:8009

Recenly tried to remove many start up applications using selective
startup.
Any suggestions or references to resolve this ? TIA for your
response.

Robert Kattke

At first I was hoping this was just a Zone Alarm related issue, but
error occurs even after ZA is turned off. I did get a successful
startup once, but I don't know what was changed to allow that.

I did notice in task.mgr multiple Apache.exe processes, some started
by SYSTEM, others by Administrator. Why so many ? (up to 5)
Again, I also need to know the process name for IBM HTTP Server.
Any advice, suggestions ?