tomcat 5.5.4 and SSL on selected pages

Discussion in 'Java' started by Maik Wiege, Jan 30, 2005.

  1. Maik Wiege

    Maik Wiege Guest

    Hello!
    I have some questions about SSL in tomcat. My set up of the ssl port works
    fine, but I have some problems about setting it up for selected pages...
    Here is what I wrote in my web.xml:
    <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Security page
    </web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/test.jsp</url-pattern>
    <http-method>GET</http-method>
    <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>
    Opening the test.jsp in my browser changes the connection to ssl mode, what
    is fine, but following a link to any other page from there, lets the user
    stay in ssl mode what I doesn't want.
    I tried, to add this in the web.xml too, but it made no change...
    <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-name>Insecurity page
    </web-resource-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    <http-method>GET</http-method>
    <http-method>POST</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <user-data-constraint>
    <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
    </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>

    Anybody an idea, how this is correctly implemented?
    Thanks!
    Maik
    Maik Wiege, Jan 30, 2005