Tomcat and checked/unchecked exceptions

Discussion in 'Java' started by Wendy S, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. Wendy S

    Wendy S Guest

    Can someone possibly shed some light on this? I have a Servlet that keeps
    coming up with:

    ExceptionConverter: java.io.IOException: The document has no pages.
    at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfPages.writePageTree(Unknown Source)
    at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfWriter.close(Unknown Source)
    at com.lowagie.text.pdf.PdfDocument.close(Unknown Source)
    at com.lowagie.text.Document.close(Unknown Source)

    The ExceptionConverter is:
    http://itext.sourceforge.net/docs/com/lowagie/text/ExceptionConverter.html

    Apparently it changes a checked exception into an unchecked one. I'm not
    sure what that means to me, except that try as I might, I can't catch this
    in Tomcat and present a nice error page:

    <error-page>
    <exception-type>javax.servlet.ServletException</exception-type>
    <location>/exceptions/Exception.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>
    <exception-type>java.io.IOException</exception-type>
    <location>/exceptions/Exception.jsp</location>
    </error-page>
    <error-page>
    <exception-type>com.lowagie.text.ExceptionConverter</exception-type>

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Feb 18, 2004