Tomcat Classpath problem

Paul

hi , i have started with "beginning JSP web development" and got stuck
on extending classes. I'm getting the following error message:

TechnicalBook.java:3: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class Book
location: class com.wrox.library.TechnicalBook
public class TechnicalBook extends Book {
^
1 error

i followed the instruction on the book on how to install java &
tomcat.
I also followed the instruction on how to set the environmental
variable
including the CLASSPATH. I'm using windows 2000 NT. I currently have
the
classpath set as (under system variable):

CLASSPATH c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\common\lib\servlet.jar;.

I have the files: Book.java, Book.class, TechnicalBook.java &
ChildrenBook.java
under the following directory:

c:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0\webapps\begjsp-ch07\WEB-INF\classes\com\wrox\library

I'm trying to compile TechicalBook and ChildrenBook and in the code it
extends Book. I was able to compile Book.java successfully. Any help
will be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul
(e-mail address removed)

Janwillem Borleffs

Paul said:
hi , i have started with "beginning JSP web development" and got stuck
on extending classes. I'm getting the following error message:

Java != JavaScript, try comp.lang.java instead.

JW

kaeli

pcma10019 said:
hi , i have started with "beginning JSP web development" and got stuck
on extending classes. I'm getting the following error message:

Javascript is not Java.
Try comp.lang.java.help.

~kaeli~
Black holes were created when God divided by 0.
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion
that life is serious.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace