Tomcat configuration and Ant

Andrew Thompson

I was just trying to compile a JSP on my
local Tomcat and got this error..

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
[javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Program
[javac] Usage: javac .."

The only significant change to my system recently
was the installation of Ant for building SaverBeans
projects.

My question is, ..is the installation of Ant
a possible / likely source of this error?
Where do I look, to further investigate it?

TIA

Ryan Stewart

Andrew Thompson said:
I was just trying to compile a JSP on my
local Tomcat and got this error..

"org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
[javac] Compiling 1 source file
[javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
[javac] javac: invalid flag: C:\Program
[javac] Usage: javac .."

The only significant change to my system recently
was the installation of Ant for building SaverBeans
projects.

My question is, ..is the installation of Ant
a possible / likely source of this error?
Where do I look, to further investigate it?

TIA
That can happen if you have spaces Tomcat path, which it looks like you do.
If you've defined the CATALINA_HOME variable, try enclosing the path in
quotes. Or you can use DOS compatible paths, like C:\Progra~1\... Or you can
move Tomcat to a path with no spaces.