Tomcat hangs

pvsnmp

Hi,
I am facing a strange pblm with Tomcat 5.0.19 on Linux RH 9.
I use TPC-W servlets and most of the config is left defaults. The
connector config is show below:
<Connector port="80"
maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"
maxSpareThreads="75"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
acceptCount="100"
debug="0" connectionTimeout="20000"
disableUploadTimeout="true" />

I use the client emulator to generate requests. At times I see the that
the Tomcat server stops responding even though the CPU utilisation is
low. When i do a netstat I see that 101 connections are established.
This happens always when i see Tomcat hanging on a server.
To test further I did a telnet to the hung tomcat server on port 80.
The server from which I did the telnet showed me this on netstat for
that connection

tcp 0 0 WebClusterFE.lcn-:42713 r3n2.lcn-lab:http
ESTABLISHED

But on the Tomcat server when i issue netstat command I get different
output for this connection:
tcp 0 0 r3n2.lcn-lab:http WebClusterFE.lcn-:42713 SYN_RECV

it never shows established.
Has someone faced this kind of pblm?
Could someone give some hint on why this happens??

thanks and rgds,
Prashant