    doing?
    Second, is there a limitation in using custom tag library?

    Any comments?
    %=zerointeractive.it%, Jan 22, 2004

  2. %=zerointeractive.it%

    Erwin Moller Guest

    %=zerointeractive.it% wrote:

    > Hi everybody,
    > i'm in battle against Tomcat 4.0.6.
    > Here's my server configuration:
    > W2K Pro + j2sdk 1.4.1 + TOMCAT 4.0.6 + MyWebApp
    >
    > And Here's my problem:
    > i've implemented a custom taglibrary that renders jsp pages in a
    > layout environment.
    > This is the code i use:
    > <region: name="myname" page="mypage.jsp" />
    >
    > so, if the page included trows an exception, it is caught by a
    > System.out debug.
    > But, sometimes Tomcat hangs without trowing an exception, i wait wait
    > wait but it never throws an exception.
    >
    > First, Is there a method to have a powerful debug of what Tomcat is
    > doing?
    > Second, is there a limitation in using custom tag library?
    >
    > Any comments?

    Hi,

    This looks very strange to me:
    <region: name="myname" page="mypage.jsp" />

    I would expect something like:
    <region:TagNameHere name="myname" page="mypage.jsp" />

    where region is defined at the beginning of the page as being the actual
    taglib-name on that page.
    So something like this should be at the start of the page:
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/regiontaglib.tld" prefix="region" %>

    Maybe that helps.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller