tomcat4 and servlets - where to post?

davidepp

I have a question about tomcat4 and servlets... I don't know where else to
post the question.
Where else could I post? Any ideas about my problem?

In the web.xml file I have the following:
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
and it works fine.

But I want to change it... as an example, I change it to:
JkMount /svlt/* ajp13
and try to access the Servlet via a corresponding URL but it wont work.
I've tried many variations and it seems only to like the full word "servlet"
What's up??

samspade

I have a question about tomcat4 and servlets... I don't know where
else to post the question.
Where else could I post? Any ideas about my problem?
In the web.xml file I have the following:
JkMount /servlet/* ajp13 and it works fine.
But I want to change it... as an example, I change it to:
JkMount /svlt/* ajp13 and try to access the Servlet via a
corresponding URL but it wont work.
I've tried many variations and it seems only to like the full word
"servlet"
What's up??

What is JkMount doing inside web.xml ? I think that the one inside web.xml
is being ignored, and you need to look inside your httpd.conf apache config
file for the 'real' JkMount.

If you did mean httpd.conf then post back.

davidepp

Sorry... Actually I tried it in both files...
"/servlet/[servletname]" URL ceases to work when svlt is used in JkMount but
URL with svlt does not work either.