Total newbie question: where are these types images found on a webpage referenced in CSS files?

fitwell

Here is the type of reference I've found:

".mstheme {
separator-image: url(globes_41.gif); list-image-1:
url(globes_27.gif); list-image-2: url(globes_29.gif); list-image-3:
url(globes_31.gif); nav-banner-image: url(aradbnr.gif);
navbutton-horiz-normal: url(globes_36.gif); navbutton-horiz-hovered:
url(globes_43.gif); navbutton-horiz-pushed: url(globes_38.gif);
navbutton-vert-normal: url(globes_23.gif); navbutton-vert-hovered:
url(globes_25.gif); navbutton-vert-pushed: url(globes_24.gif);
navbutton-home-normal: url(globes_51.gif); navbutton-home-hovered:
url(globes_53.gif); navbutton-home-pushed: url(globes_52.gif);
navbutton-next-normal: url(globes_51.gif); navbutton-next-hovered:
url(globes_53.gif); navbutton-next-pushed: url(globes_52.gif);
navbutton-prev-normal: url(globes_51.gif); navbutton-prev-hovered:
url(globes_53.gif); navbutton-prev-pushed: url(globes_52.gif);
navbutton-up-normal: url(globes_51.gif); navbutton-up-hovered:
url(globes_53.gif); navbutton-up-pushed: url(globes_52.gif)
}"

I saved a webpage for personal use and noticed that the usual things I
do haven't worked completely in this case. My usu. practice is to
rename the folder where all the graphics are held to just ""images"
then to re-direct all SRC codes to "images\*.*", whatever the name of
the graphic, etc., is so that no matter where I ultimately save the
HTML doct to, the webpage always shows up just like the original.

The page I saved 2 days ago shows a lot of gaps as is there are
missing images. Was hoping to find the missing graphics and re-save
using my "images\" trick above. So I imagine that that means
re-writing the coding above. I've been surfing the net for quite a
while, but I'm obviously not asking the right questions.

***********************
These are always just source or help-file pages for freeware and other
software I've dl, etc., so it's been handy as many pages become
unavailable and I'd not have access to them if I hadn't saved them.
All for personal use only.

Thanks!

rf

fitwell said:
Here is the type of reference I've found:

".mstheme {

Looks like Microsoft Frontpage rubbish to me.

Don't worry about it. Download a real page :)

Cheers
Richard.

Richard

fitwell wrote:>>
Here is the type of reference I've found:
".mstheme {
separator-image: url(globes_41.gif); list-image-1:

This image is located in the same directory as the page itself.
www.foobar.com/mainpage.html
to find the image itself enter www.foobar.com/globes_41.gif
You'll either get the image, an error page,or the index page.
To save the entire page with all the images, size used by the page, save the
page as an MHT document.
Then you won't have a seperate folder for the images.
IE has four ways to save pages. Click on "single page".
Now you can open the page in an editor and do what ever with it.
But you won't get any external files with it, such as "menu.js".

fitwell

fitwell wrote:>>

This image is located in the same directory as the page itself.
www.foobar.com/mainpage.html
to find the image itself enter www.foobar.com/globes_41.gif

I tried that trick. As you know, it usu. works (unless someone has
protected their images somehow).
You'll either get the image, an error page,or the index page.

Yes, error page.
To save the entire page with all the images, size used by the page, save the
page as an MHT document.
Then you won't have a seperate folder for the images.

That is awesome! I'd never known how that works. It saves the pages
completely. I learned something new.
IE has four ways to save pages. Click on "single page".
Now you can open the page in an editor and do what ever with it.
But you won't get any external files with it, such as "menu.js".

That's fine. I always delete all js files and references anyway.

Getting back to the MHT page. The only thing that I'll need to do is
to put the source URL on there. I don't know if that is possible,
though. I have FrontPage yet nothing shows up in the context editor
to edit MHT pages. Is this even possible to do?

Also, a last question, IE automatically opens MHT files no matter what
the system? I share files and often share webpages with trivia zipped
up. If I make MHT files accessible, will anyone be able to open them?

Thank you very much for all the help! That MHT format is excellent!