track total request time (server and client side)?

Guest

Hello,

Anyone ever implemented a solution that allows you to track the total page
request time in and ASP.NET page? The time would need to include the server
processing time and client side rendering time to provide a total "user
experience" time.

An example of where it might be used would be on a search page that allows a
user to enter some text and click a search button. I would like to track
from the time the user clicked the Search button to the time when the
requested "results" page has finished displaying to the user.

I know about all the Application and Page level events that can be used to
track the Server Side processing times (i.e. Application_BeginRequest and
Application_EndRequest), but am looking to track the TOTAL UI EXPERIENCE.

One thing we have kicked around was to use a set of cookies to store the
start and end times then hook into the appropriate client side events to set
these values (using JavaScript).

If anyone has any input I would appreciate it!!

Thanks!!