tracking filter status

nati

How can i read the light filter properties?
I have a divide with id="pic". I have assigned a light filter -
pic.style.filter='light()';
I have assigned an ambient and two cones to the filter and made an interface
to change the parameters. I now need to read the status of the filter in
order to save the states. I have tried pic.filters.item(0).ambient.color -
pic.filters.light.anbient.color and some other variations but nothing
returns a value.
Any help in proper syntax or approach? TIA
Jim Catz