  1. I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this.

    Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task?

    Or I have to do it from the groud up again?

    88888 Dihedral, Dec 17, 2011

  2. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at each pixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    88888 Dihedral <> wrote:
    > I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this.
    >
    > Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task?
    >
    > Or I have to do it from the groud up again?

    Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that
    it's such a long and complicated one.

    Juha Nieminen, Dec 19, 2011

  3. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote:
    > 88888 Dihedral<> wrote:
    >> I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this.
    >>
    >> Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task?
    >>
    >> Or I have to do it from the groud up again?

    > Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that
    > it's such a long and complicated one.

    ....and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject
    line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the
    right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you
    need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is)

    Thanks!

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 19, 2011
  4. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On Monday, December 19, 2011 9:18:02 PM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote:
    > > 88888 Dihedral<> wrote:
    > >> I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this.
    > >>
    > >> Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task?
    > >>
    > >> Or I have to do it from the groud up again?

    > > Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that
    > > it's such a long and complicated one.

    > ...and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject
    > line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the
    > right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you
    > need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is)
    >
    > Thanks!

    Thus, there is no easy open source for this problem in C++.
    Am I guessing wrong ?

    88888 Dihedral, Dec 19, 2011
  5. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On 12/19/2011 9:04 AM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
    > On Monday, December 19, 2011 9:18:02 PM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>> Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that
    >>> it's such a long and complicated one.

    >> ...and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject
    >> line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the
    >> right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you
    >> need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is)
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    >> --

    > Thus, there is no easy open source for this problem in C++.
    > Am I guessing wrong ?

    <shrug> I have no idea. But if *I* were to try to find a solution, I'd
    be looking *elsewhere*. comp.lang.c++ is not a repository of all open
    source solutions for all possible problems that can be implemented in C++.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 19, 2011
  6. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:15:11 AM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 12/19/2011 9:04 AM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:

    > >> ...and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject
    > >> line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the
    > >> right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you
    > >> need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is)
    > >>
    > >> Thanks!

    > >> --
    > >> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

    > > Thus, there is no easy open source for this problem in C++.
    > > Am I guessing wrong ?

    > <shrug> I have no idea. But if *I* were to try to find a solution, I'd
    > be looking *elsewhere*. comp.lang.c++ is not a repository of all open
    > source solutions for all possible problems that can be implemented in C++.

    If a language does not have a smart library then it is really tedious
    to do everything from the ground up again.

    OK, I'll use the Simple-Directmedia Library to play with real 3D stereo
    graphics.

    88888 Dihedral, Dec 20, 2011
  7. 88888 Dihedral

    Jeff Flinn Guest

    88888 Dihedral wrote:
    > On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:15:11 AM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>> Thus, there is no easy open source for this problem in C++.
    >>> Am I guessing wrong ?

    >> <shrug> I have no idea. But if *I* were to try to find a solution, I'd
    >> be looking *elsewhere*. comp.lang.c++ is not a repository of all open
    >> source solutions for all possible problems that can be implemented in C++.

    >> --

    > If a language does not have a smart library then it is really tedious
    > to do everything from the ground up again.
    >
    > OK, I'll use the Simple-Directmedia Library to play with real 3D stereo
    > graphics.

    See boost's Generic Image Library at
    http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_48_0/libs/gil/doc/index.html.

    Jeff

    Jeff

    Jeff Flinn, Dec 21, 2011
  8. 88888 Dihedral

    LR Guest

    You may also find http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/ useful.

    LR, Dec 21, 2011
  9. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On 12/20/2011 4:13 PM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
    > On Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:15:11 AM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>> Thus, there is no easy open source for this problem in C++.
    >>> Am I guessing wrong ?

    >> <shrug> I have no idea. But if *I* were to try to find a solution, I'd
    >> be looking *elsewhere*. comp.lang.c++ is not a repository of all open
    >> source solutions for all possible problems that can be implemented in C++.

    >> --

    > If a language does not have a smart library then it is really tedious
    > to do everything from the ground up again.

    Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "a smart library" for
    every possible future problem that people haven't yet encountered, not
    to mention to satisfy every possible requirement from every potential
    user of such a library, so there *always* be somebody contesting the
    "smartness" of that library.

    > OK, I'll use the Simple-Directmedia Library to play with real 3D stereo
    > graphics.

    Best of luck with it!

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 21, 2011
  10. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:18:58 AM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 12/20/2011 4:13 PM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:

    > >> <shrug> I have no idea. But if *I* were to try to find a solution, I'd
    > >> be looking *elsewhere*. comp.lang.c++ is not a repository of all open
    > >> source solutions for all possible problems that can be implemented in C++.

    > >> --
    > >> I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask

    > > If a language does not have a smart library then it is really tedious
    > > to do everything from the ground up again.

    > Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "a smart library" for
    > every possible future problem that people haven't yet encountered, not
    > to mention to satisfy every possible requirement from every potential
    > user of such a library, so there *always* be somebody contesting the
    > "smartness" of that library.
    >
    > > OK, I'll use the Simple-Directmedia Library to play with real 3D stereo
    > > graphics.

    > Best of luck with it!

    I have to separate the background still objects and the moving or interactive foreground objects such as humans and animals first.

    Thus a good and fast edge tracing algorithm is necessary.

    Any suggestions?

    I have to perform edge tracing of sub-sampled images first.

    The full resolution images will give more details.

    88888 Dihedral, Dec 22, 2011
  11. Re: Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at eachpixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization

    On 12/22/2011 2:50 PM, 88888 Dihedral wrote:
    > On Thursday, December 22, 2011 12:18:58 AM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote:

    >>> If a language does not have a smart library then it is really tedious
    >>> to do everything from the ground up again.

    >> Generally speaking, there is no such thing as "a smart library" for
    >> every possible future problem that people haven't yet encountered, not
    >> to mention to satisfy every possible requirement from every potential
    >> user of such a library, so there *always* be somebody contesting the
    >> "smartness" of that library.
    >>
    >>> OK, I'll use the Simple-Directmedia Library to play with real 3D stereo
    >>> graphics.

    >> Best of luck with it!

    >> --

    > I have to separate the background still objects and the moving or interactive foreground objects such as humans and animals first.
    >
    > Thus a good and fast edge tracing algorithm is necessary.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > I have to perform edge tracing of sub-sampled images first.
    >
    > The full resolution images will give more details.

    I don't have any suggestion on a tracing algorithm or library. I have a
    suggestion, though. Since you're interested in graphics and image
    processing, post to 'comp.graphics.algorithms', I am sure you will find
    more information that way.

    Victor Bazarov, Dec 23, 2011