    Thanks
    Ganesh

    , Mar 30, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Are there any version of g++ that translates C++ to C. or any open
    > source compiler to do this.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ganesh

    Although I haven't tried it, i hear that LLVM can emit C from C++:
    http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/

    examine the "c" option to llc and have fun - and ask them for help ;)
    http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CommandGuide/html/llc.html

    --
    Peter MacMillan
    e-mail/msn:

    GCS/IT/L d-(-)>-pu s():(-) a- C+++(++++)>$ UL>$ P++ L+ E-(-) W++(+++)>$
    N o w++>$ O !M- V PS PE Y+ t++ 5 X R* tv- b++(+) DI D+(++)>$ G e++ h r--
    y(--)

    Peter MacMillan, Mar 30, 2005

  3. In article <>,
    Peter MacMillan <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >> Are there any version of g++ that translates C++ to C. or any open
    >> source compiler to do this.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Ganesh
    >>

    >Although I haven't tried it, i hear that LLVM can emit C from C++:
    >http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
    >
    >examine the "c" option to llc and have fun - and ask them for help ;)
    >http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CommandGuide/html/llc.html

    Good, since now there's now an alternative to the pricey C++ to C
    translator by EDG.

    Napi
    --
    http://www.axiomsol.com
    http://www.cs.indiana.edu/hyplan/napi.html

    Mohd Hanafiah Abdullah, Mar 30, 2005
  4. Rolf Magnus Guest

    Mohd Hanafiah Abdullah wrote:

    >>Although I haven't tried it, i hear that LLVM can emit C from C++:
    >>http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
    >>
    >>examine the "c" option to llc and have fun - and ask them for help ;)
    >>http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CommandGuide/html/llc.html

    > Good, since now there's now an alternative to the pricey C++ to C
    > translator by EDG.

    There's also Comeau. Not for free, but IMHO affordable.

    Rolf Magnus, Mar 30, 2005