Translate Cpp into python code

Fulvio

Hi there,

I'd like to ask if is there any tool that's able to parse C++ code and convert
it into Python script?
Probalby entirely would be difficult, but a good percentage I think it would
be possible and the remain asking to the user what to do.

Ravi Teja

If you are looking for ways to access C++ code in Python, there are
several (Boost, SIP, CXX, SWIG, Weave etc). Unless your needs are
somehow unique, this is the preferred approach.

People usually convert higher level languages to lower level
languages for performance (For example Python to C++ via ShedSkin or
Eiffel to C etc), not the other way around since the principle benefit
of HLLs is readable code and code generators don't usually generate
human readable code because they can't see the intended theme of your
code.

Fulvio

Alle 21:36, lunedì 17 aprile 2006, Ravi Teja ha scritto:
If you are looking for ways to access C++ code in Python, there are
several (Boost, SIP, CXX, SWIG, Weave etc).

This way I knew about it.
People usually convert higher level languages to lower level
languages for performance

Frankly I'm not looking for performances, but a viable python script which
won't be tied up to a single platform. Those parts of the code which are
calling proprietary functions will be removed.
Probably the first step to make a port on a multiplatform concept.
Another point will be a better chance to learn programming once I got the
translation.