Translating an embedded C algorithm

Discussion in 'Java' started by Talulah, Jan 15, 2007.

  1. Talulah

    Talulah Guest

    Hi,

    I am in the process of writing a book about real-time embedded
    development (hardware and software). In it there is a section on
    different programming languages that are available for embedded
    development. I'm using a small C function that does temperature
    measurement by linear interpolation of a lookup table as an example. I
    have C code to do this, and would like to have the same algorithm
    implemented in other languages.

    Unfortunately I'm really a C programmer, with very little experience
    of other languages, so I would like to ask if anyone on this newsgroup
    is interested in translating the algorithm into Java. Of course you
    would be mentioned in thanks in the book once it is finished.

    If you are interested, I have placed the section of the book here:

    http://homepages.which.net/~paul.hills/Temporary/Temperature.pdf

    so you can see the code and description. Please email me if you are
    interested to paul (dot) hills (who is at) uk (dot) landisgyr (dot)
    com.

    Thanks very much
    Paul Hills
    Talulah, Jan 15, 2007