transparency colors of an image

Mr. x

Hello,
I would like that my image's background color will be transparent.

What I have is only paintbrush.
My image is *.jpg format (I have tried to save it as *.gif format, and I got
less quality),
and I don't know how to make the background.

In every tool I open the image (html, flash, etc...) I see the original
background color, and not the transparent color.

I would be glade if you lead me to something little better than paintbrush,
please.

Help, please.

Thanks :)

Juliette

Mr. x said:
Hello,
I would like that my image's background color will be transparent.

What I have is only paintbrush.
My image is *.jpg format (I have tried to save it as *.gif format, and I got
less quality),
and I don't know how to make the background.

In every tool I open the image (html, flash, etc...) I see the original
background color, and not the transparent color.

I would be glade if you lead me to something little better than paintbrush,
please.

Help, please.

Thanks :)

Mr X,

Obviously your question has no relevance what so ever to javascript and
should therefore be ignored or flamed.
However to spare us further stupidity of you in this group:
http://www.irfanview.com/

Should do the trick for you.
Gr, J.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Mr. x said:
I would like that my image's background color will be transparent.

That is a problem for an image editing program. It is not something
you do in Javascript, so the newsgroup is ill chosen/
What I have is only paintbrush.

Then you probably can't.
My image is *.jpg format (I have tried to save it as *.gif format,
and I got less quality),

JPEG-images cannot have transparency. GIF can only have 256 colors,
which is why you got worse quality. The best choice would be PNG
(Portable Network Graphics) format, since it can have 24 bit colors
and transparency.

Sadly, Microsoft refuses to implement full alpha transparency in PNG
images in img-tags/backgrounds, so you can only use simple, binary
transparency.
and I don't know how to make the background.

Get a better program. Perhaps Paint Shop Pro (free trial period) will
do it. Maybe IrfanView (free) is sufficient.
In every tool I open the image (html, flash, etc...) I see the original
background color, and not the transparent color.

JPEG-images doesn't have transparency.
I would be glade if you lead me to something little better than paintbrush,
please.

PSP or IrfanView.

And next time, pick a newsgroup where your question is on topic.
/L