Transparent Background in Select Field for IE

vunet.us

Hello,
I've noticed that IE does not allow transparent background of the
select field as it does for input text field. I use css style
"background-color: transparent;".
Is there a workaround or I have to use transparent gifs, perhaps? How
to make select field with transparent background?
Thank you.

Rik

Hello,
I've noticed that IE does not allow transparent background of the
select field as it does for input text field. I use css style
"background-color: transparent;".
Is there a workaround or I have to use transparent gifs, perhaps? How
to make select field with transparent background?
Thank you.

Styling form elements in any browser is always a gamble. Also, often it's
a good idea to leave the main bulk of the styling as is, people do have to
recognize them for the controls they are.

vunet.us

--
Rik Wasmus
Posted on Usenet: any site claiming this as original content or me as an

i understand... thanks. but still?

Jukka K. Korpela

Scripsit (e-mail address removed):
i understand...

Hardly. Your comprehensive quotation of the message you are responding to
indicates lack of comprehensive reading.
but still?

No, you cannot increase the crap factor of your pages on IE by obscuring
<select> elements by setting their background. But you can always try
<marquee>, animated gifs, and sounds.

vunet.us

Jonathan N. Little

Thus, I may conclude there is no style I can set for select field to
make its background transparent. True?

True.

You are very limited on how you can style the SELECT and other form
elements in IE...