Transparent images

MW de Jager

Im trying to place an image on my form, which is transparent in parts like
an icon. My page refuses to display the transparent areas in the color of
the page background but keeps replacing it with white, causing the image to
sit in a white square.

Is there something I'm missing here like a property that needs to be set?

I've tried Icons, PNG file with transparency and Bitmap with transparency,
none seem to work.

Any help appreciated

Kind regards
MW

Oenone

MW said:
I've tried Icons, PNG file with transparency and Bitmap with
transparency, none seem to work.

Bitmap (.bmp) files don't support transparency, so that's not going to work.

I'm fairly sure Internet Explorer doesn't render transparent PNGs properly.
Firefox should do this fine, though. If you're using IE, that's probably the
reason that doesn't work.

I've no idea how web browsers would render .ico files (if at all).

Your best bet for images with transparent areas is to use a .gif file. This
is rendered correctly by all (relevant) browsers and does support
transparency.

Hope that helps,

Mark Broadbent

Exactly right. IE even upto version 6 doesnot properly render the
transparency of png files. Gif files are at present the only real
multi-browser solution.

br,

Mark.

MW de Jager

I'm currently using icon files which seems to work fine. Will probably have
to change to gif files for multi browser support.

Thanks for your help

MW